What is this Course?
Who is this course for?
• You’re a new beekeeper with no shortage of ambition. You want to learn how to do this hobby successfully year after year even if it takes a little more work.
• You want more of an experience than sitting in the back of a classroom afraid to ask a "dumb question” (hint: there are no dumb questions in our school).
• You want more personal attention than a book or a single “short course” will provide.
• You have yet to connect with a good mentor or local bee club.
• You need step by step instructions. You don’t want someone to just TELL you how to do it. You want someone to SHOW you how to do it and you want to be able to go back and rewatch the procedure again and again.
• You’re not interested in buying all this beekeeping equipment and then just hoping you’ll figure it out along the way.
• You’d like to make some honey for your family and friends but what matters most to you is just keeping your bees alive throughout the season!
• You’re not interested in being told the 10 different ways you can do something. You want to know the one way we do it year after year successfully. You’ll take a history lesson and get tons of opinions later after the course is over.
Why was this Course Created?
"Jay's beekeeping class was the BEST thing we did to start this adventure. He covered all the basics and gave us a solid foundation of knowledge and resources to build upon. We've drawn on his coaching/consults to help us navigate sticky situations with expertise and encouragement. Good, optimistic energy every time!"
The Value of the Course:
At least 12 hours of video instruction
1 year access to all videos & manuals in the library
Bonus training materials in downloadable PDF format
Access to "Tactical Beekeeper Alert" text messaging service
3 Hours of recorded live online Q&A sessions
All for one payment of $197 or two payments of $108Bee-come better
Meet Jay, your guide to the world of beekeeping
Beekeeper and educator on a mission to save the bees and help you go from new-bee to bee buff. After trading city life for a slower pace in Nashville, Tennessee his idea to have a few beehives in the backyard blossomed into hundreds of hives and a passion for educating and inspiring new beekeepers to take the plunge and approach beekeeping from a realistic and practical perspective. His honey has won national awards and has been featured on local and national TV and print media. Jay has a passion for coaching and teaching others and has successfully taught over 500 new beekeeping students. Jay will not only be your instructor, he'll be your partner/coach/cheerleader/confidant in your beginning beekeeper journey.
What transformations will this course bring?
• Know what kind of equipment you need
• Have a better understanding of how a beehive operates
• Know how to install your bees and get started
• Know how to handle bee emergencies quickly and efficiently
• Know how and when to prevent swarming
• Know how to handle and spot pests without losing your hive
• You’re getting overwhelmed with all the information on how to get started
• You’re not sure what to buy when to buy it or how to put it in service
• You haven’t been able to connect with a strong support group to get you through your first beekeeping season
• You lack the confidence to manage your bees effectively as they grow and mature
With Our Help:
• You’ll know what you absolutely need (and don’t need) to get started.
• You’ll be a member of a like minded group to help cheer you on during your first season.
• You’ll have the tactical playbook in your back pocket to refer to when a confusing situation occurs.
• You’ll have the confidence all your friends dream of every time you open up your hive for an inspection.
Get in the course with all the Buzz.
All for one payment of $197 or two payments of $108I'm ready to catch the buzz
Setting up your Apiary
Installing your Bees
All about Swarming
Manuals and construction plans
Time with Jay
Live online Q&A Sessions
Access to Tactical Beekeeper Alerts
Frequently Asked Questions
1. Will the course be mostly self-directed or do you plan of giving personal feedback too?
This course is self-directed. Jay will be available on multiple live question and answer sessions throughout the course and always available via email. You will also have access to a closed group forum where you can chat with other students going through the course at the same time.
2. What if I decide this course isn't for me?
You can cancel at within the first 7 days for a full refund.
3. What if I can't make the live session with Jay?
You can submit your question ahead of time and you will have access to the recording after the session.
4. Can I receive a refund after payment if I change my mind?
You can cancel within the first 7 days, however you must provide proof (modules complete, quizzes taken, etc) that you have given the course at try. After 7 days, no refunds are provided.
5. Can you guarantee specific results?
Although we can’t guarantee specific results, we can guarantee that you will be better informed, better prepared, and more comfortable working your beehives with our training than simply visiting a 1 day “intro to beekeeping class”. We are most proud of the care and attention that you can expect to receive. This school can also be considered a safe space for learning. There are no dumb questions and you will get the feeling that we are all in this together!
6. How much information is covered every week?
You can expect between 3-5 topics to be covered every week. These will be taught in recorded videos with slides, still photos and field videos. In addition, all students will have access to the tactical beekeeping library which contains reference videos, teachable moments, and tips and tricks to use in your own apiary.
7. How long will I have access to the Tactical Beekeeping video library and course material?
All students will have access to the material for one year from the start of the course.
8. I see that you guys also offer Tactical Beekeeper alerts via text message to notify me when you’re performing certain actions in the bee yard. Is that program included in my course enrolment?
Yes! All students will be automatically enrolled in the Tactical Beekeeper Alert program for one year. ($48 value)
9. Who is this course for?
This course is for someone who wants more care and attention throughout the season than can be offered in a one day “short course”. A typical student of this course has not been able to connect with or get attention from their mentor. They are confused about when to treat their bees if a problem arises, how to manage their colonies throughout a season, and the need to prepare for. For all these topics, we not only TELL you what to do in certain situations, we SHOW you how to do it.
10. Where is the closed group of students in the class hosted?
Where is the class taught? The class takes place and is hosted on a powerful teaching platform called Kajabi.
11. Where is the closed student group located? Is it on Facebook?
No. The closed group is located within the teaching platform on Kajabi. You will be given signup access upon course enrolment.
12. Is there a manual for the course?
In addition to the video lessons, there is a manual for the course that is downloadable in PDF format.
13. Is there anything else that I’ll be able to download in addition to the manual?
Yes! There are inspection forms, handy guides, and construction plans for various projects you can perform in and around the bee yard.
14. Does completion of this course qualify me for the TAEP grant program?
No. This course does not satisfy your requirements of the TAEP program.
15. Will completing this course make me a Master Beekeeper?
No. This course is just one step in your beekeeping career. Expect to be learning for the rest of your life. The day you completely figure out bees is the day you’ll be done. ;)
16. What supplies will I need to purchase for this course?
There are no supplies that are required to purchase before taking this course. It is however taught with the goal of the student owning and caring for a minimum of 2 colonies of bees. Live bees can be purchased via our website and woodenware care be purchased from our recommended providers. Some additional optional accessories can be purchased from our website. When we don’t have the accessories you might need, we’ll refer you to someone we trust to help.
17. How many hours per week can I expect to spend on this course?
You should expect to spend between 1 and 2 hours per week working through the lessons and reading the recommended material.
18. How many hours per week to I need to commit to keep my bees alive?
It all depends on the area you live in and the season. As a general rule, when you are starting out, expect to spend 1-2 hours per week working your hives in the spring and summer and about 1-2 hours a month during the winter months.
There is still time
All for one payment of $197 or two payments of $108Sign up now!
Got any other questions?
Drop us a line here. We love talking bees and want tot make this hobby as fun and stress free as possible for our students.